Tuesday, April 3, 2018

April 04, 2018 #AprilTTRPGMaker 04: Describe Your Work

April 04, 2018
#04:  Describe Your Work
My work is a celebration of new experiences.  Whenever I create a game, I try to imagine what new experience I can offer the gaming industry. I try to think of what new feeling I can evoke with the way the game flows. Or what new aspect of life the game can help others explore.

I'm no fan of games that just try to be some kind of derivative of a more popular existing game. Nor am I a designer who makes games have a cultural touchstone just for making it feel more local/unique. I design with intention and with empathetic attention.

That said, my games are designed to be fun and evocative without over-complicating things with crunch. My games are not meant for everyone, as there are certain types of play that I do not and probably will not ever see as fun (I'm looking at you, TPK games and games where the GM is the antagonist). My games bring something new to the table, and leave something memorable when it is done.






I challenge ye, my dear fellow game makers, to answer my questions, on the corresponding day, this burgeoning April, and verily it shall be that ye shall be inspired by all makers around you and in this beautiful world henceforth. #AprilTTRPGMaker

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...